[Promotion] Counting Free Desktop Users

John Williams johnfrombluff at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:56:57 PST 2006

Hi all

After GNOME.conf.au my interest in getting "hard" data on the number of
users of GNOME and KDE worldwide.  This has been discussed in the GNOME
context (http://live.gnome.org/CountingUsers) but seems to have died.
Have the KDE people had similar discussions?

It strikes me that this would be an area where we can collaborate, both
on implementation and analysis of results.  I am a market research guy,
so I am happy to do the analysis, but any code that I write for the
implementation side would be almost guaranteed to be crap.

Please share your thoughts about all this.

cheers,

John