[Promotion] Get things rolling?

Mr Bulldog bulldogsay at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 06:18:22 PST 2006

you are right there, it would be split into different groups i was talking
about this with my friends, and they simply said that when microsoft
introduced windows 3.1 in offices, it was said or "branded" to be the latest
thing in computing.

Anyway people now don't look into computers, they just want to get things
done quickly and easily, even if they have security problems with windows.
This group we would have to ask them, whether they for example want to
migrate to linux, (kde or gnome) and if they are willing to spend maybe ten
minutes on a flash or help fiole.

The first group like you said are people who are fairly advanced in
computer, most teenagers are. It would have to be branded on security and
performance etc, normally when people go for a computer in a shop they will
take advice from bozos who say that this computer is the fasting thing
around, even though it is slow as hell.

With macs and longhorn users, we would probably have to get them to see the
future of kde, that is why aaron needs to get some interviews and an odd
screenshot or concept of kde 4 given out to us. For example they probably
wouldn't like to touch it as Linux hardly has a window manager based on open
gl that has performance.

It is much harder for people who use macs for video editing etc. Yet if we
showed the efficiency of the opendesktops and the compatibvility using wine.
It may tout them to look in further. A great thing though is that apple mac
os x may face large amounts of security threats, that could be used against
them.

Like spreadfirefox, we just need people's opinions who are not experts  at
computing. It is like saying if a toddler could use a Linux computer, so can
you.

i am not saying i am right, but understanding about the different groups and
categorising them like you have. can help us sort it all out.