[pulseaudio-discuss] Stream Class in PulseCore

Justin Tulloss jmtulloss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:58:14 PDT 2007

That sounds great.

I'd be happy to implement some of this stuff, but unfortunately, we're
working with PA 0.9.6 since we wanted a stable release. I suppose I could
sync down the lennart branch and start looking into implementing some of
this tagging stuff. Due to the lack of documentation, I'm pretty familiar
with the pulse sources :). Did you have a specific plan in mind for how to
implement metadata tagging? I don't think it would take long to add. The
policy language would obviously be substantially more involved and would
require more forethought on how it should work.

Finally, how stable is the lennart branch? If at all possible, I would like
to adapt the modules I've written to the new core so that it doesn't need to
be done by somebody less familiar with the source when I've moved on to
other things. At the same time, I need to deliver a fairly stable rendition
of pulse, so if the core isn't relatively stable, I can't justify it.

Thanks,
Justin