[pulseaudio-discuss] Using PulseAudio in Windows

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 3 06:49:26 PDT 2007

On Thu, 30.08.07 13:33, Alex Malinovich (demonbane at the-love-shack.net) wrote:

Hi!

> What I'd like to get is some feedback from some of the PA gurus here on
> the Pulse-related stuff in the post. Primarily the second half of the
> document (after "Update"). This was the best way that I could find to do
> what I wanted, but I keep thinking that there must be a better way, so

I have no experience with running PA on windows. However, reading
through that story I wonder what the point is in configuring
module-waveout twice: once for loading it on-demand ("auto"), and once
for loading it statically?

Why do you load the simple protocol? It's merely a toy.

And if you want to kill PA cleanly, just connect to the CLI port and
issue an "exit" command. Apparently you are loading the CLI protocol
anyway, so this is quite easy.

Hope these comments help!

BTW: pulseaudio.org is a publicly editable Wiki. You might want to
edit it and add a link to your blog story, maybe somehwere under
"Documentation"!