[pulseaudio-discuss] status report

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Sep 25 16:44:49 PDT 2007

Hi!

Here's a quick status update regarding PA and its upcoming 0.9.7
release, since people where asking for it:

The TODO list for 0.9.7 you can find here:

http://0pointer.de/public/todo (look for "before 0.9.7")

That todo list is partly german, since it is my personal todo list for
PA. I hope it is still understandable for non-german speakers.

I am keeping this up-to-date regularly. So feel free to check back later.

The items listed for 0.9.7 are mostly minor, except porting the JACK,
tunnel and esound-sink modules to the new core. tanuk started to work
on the JACK driver. I will do the remaining items. I am planning to
relase 0.9.7 officially sometimes in Oct.

Current work on PA is focussing on the "lennart" branch in SVN.

Fedora 8 will be released with a current SVN snapshot of
PulseAudio. So, if you want to play around with PA's upcoming hotness
today, grab a copy of f8 test3 (which is due out pretty soon). I am
quite happy with PA's stability right now. The only reason why I
haven't released 0.9.7 yet is that 0.9.6 shipped with more modules
than SVN right now which would be regression in functionality.

Have fun,