[pulseaudio-discuss] Different sound through speakers and headset possible with PulseAudio?

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Mon Apr 7 09:27:11 PDT 2008

If this is a laptop you may not "Actually" have 2 output devices to
perform this task. At least on my laptop there is just a little switch
that detects the headset and swaps from speakers to headset and vice-versa.

If on the other hand you have a multichannel sound card you might be
able to solve your problem by playing the speakers through the front
channel and the headphones through a rear channel. Check out the section
of the FAQ about using a multichannel sound card as multiple stereo
sound cards.

Matt