[pulseaudio-discuss] Different sound through speakers and headset possible with PulseAudio?

Adna rim adnarim at lavabit.com
Mon Apr 7 10:15:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:27:11 -0700
Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:

> If this is a laptop you may not "Actually" have 2 output devices to
> perform this task. At least on my laptop there is just a little switch
> that detects the headset and swaps from speakers to headset and vice-versa.

Yes it's a laptop with an Intel HDA soundchip:

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xdc400000 irq 22

$ aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC861 Analog [ALC861 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*
==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 <==
Codec: Realtek ALC861

==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 <==
Codec: Generic 11c1 Si3054

But do I understand it wrong or do I have two devices like aplay -l shows me?

greets