[pulseaudio-discuss] from line-in to network without a pipe?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Feb 6 08:28:24 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 01:37:14PM +0100, cp wrote:
> I'm using PA with arecord [...] | pacat [...] to get sound from line-in into
> the network. Works well but with some 250ms of latency. I tried to set
> --buffer-time=10 to arecord, but there is no change in "delta t". Seems to be
> the pipe buffer.
> What's the PA way to do this better (i.e. faster)?

The only ways I can think of are using RTP (and I'm not sure
it's actually faster) or writing a program that uses less
buffering.

I think I've heard (as far as it's possible to "hear" things
on irc) that in future pulseaudio versions there would be a
way to properly bridge sources to sinks, but because it
wasn't Lennart who I heard this from, this is just a rumor
(there seems to be a lot of those nowadays...).

--
Tanu Kaskinen