[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling where module-rtp-send sends multicast packets?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Thu Feb 21 18:15:08 PST 2008

jon wrote:
 > ... You just have to keep the clocks tightly synchronized and all
 > of the zones will stay synchronized by starting the play of each song
 > at a synchronized instant. The clock drift that occurs while a song is
 > playing never exceeds a audio sample period.

is that due to design, or is that just how it works out, because the
hardware is uniform?  (i.e., would a really really long song be more
vulnerable to long-term drift?)

 > Digispeaker has far better THD number than traditional multiroom
 > systems since the 500ft cable runs are eliminated. The speakers are
 > digitally bi-amped and the DSP compensates for their flaws. It an open
 > source project, we should have the first round of hardware ready in a
 > couple of months.

it's a slick project.  we use the mpc5200 in one of our designs
at work -- it's a good processor.  i've certainly thought that
there must be a better way to do music distribution than
dedicating an entire linux workstation to the task. :-)  i didn't
get a sense from the website -- how many people are working on
it?

paul