[pulseaudio-discuss] No shutdown/startup sounds in gnome

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Sat Feb 23 07:27:21 PST 2008

Can't a system daemon use some authentication method (like a remote
pulseaudio daemon authenticating remote requests) to authenticate and
authorize local audio usage requests? That would simplify permissions
problems, when PA starts and even allow multiple access for multiple
users (should it be desired). Does consolekit expose a remote service
that would allow processes to authenticate processes connecting to it
using their PID?