[pulseaudio-discuss] remote source to local sink

Ulf Behrens ulf.behrens at web.de
Tue Jan 15 05:21:48 PST 2008

sorry for being not very precise on what I want to do.
Let me try again:
I want to listen to some drm restricted music coming from napster or itunes
The only speakers which are worth to be called speakers are connected to
a linux box (in my office as well as at home).
I don't need any 'noise' coming out of the speakers of my laptop, but my
laptop is the only windows computer around.

I was already able to get  a test  setup running  but I'm not happy with
the network traffic I'm producing:  I'm sending the data once via a tcp
connection from my laptop pa server to my linux pa server and then the
linux server is sending the data once again via rtp to itself.
In order to avoid the rtp traffic I'm looking for a way to send data
from a pa source to a pa sink. As Colin proposed I'm going to look into
gstreamer which seems to allow what I want

cheers

ulf