[pulseaudio-discuss] testing tools

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Jun 8 14:54:47 PDT 2008

On Wed, 14.05.08 11:20, huaming wang (whm7787 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am interested with pulseaudio API testing stuff. Is anyboy aware of any
> tools or automation test system that can test pulseaudio API?(except paplay)

No, we have no automated testing suite right now.

We have a quite a few seperate testings tools in the tests/ subdir in
the dev tree, however they are not automated (i.e. as in unit
testing).

The thing is that most of the real-life bugs in PA are quite complex
and happen due to some kind of threading/races error and
suchlike. However, bugs like that are not really easy to detect from
unit tests.

But yes, it would be awesome if the test wthat we already have could
be run in some automated fashion. Patches always welcome! ;-)