[pulseaudio-discuss] Cannot start pulseaudio with custom kernel

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Jun 22 05:05:20 PDT 2008

On Sun, 22.06.08 09:46, Andrea (mariofutire at googlemail.com) wrote:

> > 2 is an indication that ACLs are set on those device files, as
> > controlled via setfacl(1) or getfacl(1).
>
> I had not enabled ACLs on ext2/3. Now it seems it works.
> Do you think it is worth mentioning it in some documentation?
> Or is it implementation specific and does not apply everywhere?

Distributors know that.

Or let me put it this way: why would anyone want to disable ACLs?
ACLs are an integral part of modern Linux systems. Software can
nowadays rely on that they exist. Hence they use them.

And I am also pretty sure that the HAL docs mention this fact somewhere.

> > On modern Linux systems a software called ConsoleKit tracks which
>
> It's getting harder and harder to keep track of the new stuff of modern systems.

Sure, that's why there are those things called "distributions" which
do the work for you.