[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling pulseaudio daemon via dbus

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 31 16:41:02 PDT 2008

Turner, Todd wrote:
> Are there any plans for a dbus module?   I see that PA uses dbus to
> connect to policy kit, and that there are dbus-util.c file in the
> modules package that appears to be for modules to connect to other
> services like bluetooth or hal, but I am looking for a way for
> applications to send messages to the daemon over dbus.

In theory it should be pretty simple to write such a module. Creating a
pulse module is not that hard so you could always try to cook something
up if you're up to it!

It would certainly be a nice addition for creating mini apps etc. in
e.g. scripting libraries without having to create library bindings.