[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio BT setup

Nanavati, Sitanshu sitanshu.nanavati at intel.com
Tue Nov 25 09:43:57 PST 2008

Hi,

I am able to play .wav file thru "aplay -Dpulse test.wav".  I have done bluetooth setup so that Bluetooth stack is up on the both the systems(system1 = moblin  system2=WinXP).  I do see MAC address of WinXP in "hcitools -scan".  I have updated "asound.conf" file with required details for Bluetooth shown below:

====

pcm.auto {
     type bluetooth
     device xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx  ## this is MAC address of XP system

     profile "auto"
}

and also updated the /etc/pulse/default.pa with:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=auto

load-module module-alsa-sink device=auto

Please note that rest of the contents of default.pa are not changed.

When I start the "pulseaudio", it's not been able to find the profile auto and it doesn't load alsa-sink/source modules.

Could someone please let me know what is missing/wrong in the setup?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

-Sitanshu