[pulseaudio-discuss] Intel HDA on ubuntu 9.04 beta

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Apr 2 10:03:04 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Jon Smirl at 02/04/09 17:46 did gyre and gimble:
> I'm trying to figure out how to compile pulse git under ubuntu. It
> doesn't find my X11 and asound2 headers in configure.

Are they installed? I suspect you are just missing various development
packages.

> Last four times I have upgrade my ubuntu I have lost my S/PDIF audio
> output.  I have to mess around with it until I can get it back.

It's probably due to the package (correctly) overwriting their
/etc/pulse/default.pa and friends.

If you make changes to these files, you should back them up and reapply
the changes to the new config.

(keeping your configs in ~/.pulse/ could also help but may break things
too if the config needs to be changed for the new version).

In the latest pulse you can select your profile via pavucontrol so using
SPDIF is simple (although it wont allow use of spdif and analog at the
same time at present, as this is not as simple as it sounds to handle
for all hardware).

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]