[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio device chooser: wish

Ove Everlid Ove.Everlid at sun.com
Sat Apr 11 09:52:53 PDT 2009

Charlie wrote:
> I would like to say that Pulseaudio is a great project. It is nice to be
> able to run two different streams with each one going to a separate device.
>

> It took awhile but I finally got my usb headset to work. It was as
> simple as right clicking on the output stream in padevchooser and
> choosing usb headset. DOH!

hehe!  I ended up tinkering a lot before I found the way to direct audio
to my USB headset using padevchooser point and click!

> My wish:
> i would like to see a drop down menu for each output stream with the
> devices listed and a Make Default option. I never would have thought to
> right click on the streams to make this choice. Thanks to Ubuntu forums
> for that trick.

Guess the GUI can be more intuitive but for me, when I think about it,
I'm used to historically dig down into the config files etc to get
things working in the linux world. I was poking around low level rather
then looking at the obvious place in the proper Pulse Audio GUI. The
Pulse audio framework simply offers a level of convenience that
historically has not been available in the Linux world.

Ove