[pulseaudio-discuss] Bug in non-dbus 0.9.15 ? (Re: [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.15)

Erich Boleyn erich at uruk.org
Wed Apr 15 16:26:28 PDT 2009

Just noticed the new 0.9.15 release, got it building on Gentoo, and then
found that the non-dbus build's ALSA modules appear to be broken:
   E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-card": file not found
   E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-sink": file not found
   E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-source": file not found

Using a simple dlopen tool to use to test for these cases, and you get:
   ~/dl_opener module-alsa-source.so
dlopen failed: error "/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.15/modules/libalsa-util.so: undefined symbol: pa_reserve_wrapper_get"

I've only looked at the "reverve_wrapper" functionality briefly, but
it appears liberally used in the ALSA modules, and seems to be added only
to the dbus builds.

I'm not using dbus because I have a system-wide daemon usage and didn't
want to go through allocating a dbus instance/etc. at this time.

Is this something that can stubbed out (relatively) safely?

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <erich at uruk.org>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"