[pulseaudio-discuss] Bug in non-dbus 0.9.15 ? (Re: [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.15)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Apr 15 17:27:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, 15.04.09 16:26, Erich Boleyn (erich at uruk.org) wrote:

> Just noticed the new 0.9.15 release, got it building on Gentoo, and then
> found that the non-dbus build's ALSA modules appear to be broken:
>    E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-card": file not found
>    E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-sink": file not found
>    E: modinfo.c: Failed to open module "/usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.15/modules/module-alsa-source": file not found
>
> Using a simple dlopen tool to use to test for these cases, and you get:
>    ~/dl_opener module-alsa-source.so
> dlopen failed: error "/usr/lib/pulse-0.9.15/modules/libalsa-util.so: undefined symbol: pa_reserve_wrapper_get"
>
> I've only looked at the "reverve_wrapper" functionality briefly, but
> it appears liberally used in the ALSA modules, and seems to be added only
> to the dbus builds.
>
> I'm not using dbus because I have a system-wide daemon usage and didn't
> want to go through allocating a dbus instance/etc. at this time.
>
> Is this something that can stubbed out (relatively) safely?

Hmm, yes. As it seems I broke the build for non-dbus builds. Should be
easy to fix. Best way is probably to make the reserver wrapper mostly
a noop if D-Bus is not available.

Please understand that I don't really focus on making every weird
combination of build deps work. So I won't fix this for you. But I am
happy to merge good patches!