[pulseaudio-discuss] PATCH for (Re: Bug in non-dbus 0.9.15 ? (Re: [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 0.9.15))

Erich Boleyn erich at uruk.org
Wed Apr 15 23:02:59 PDT 2009

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 15.04.09 16:26, Erich Boleyn (erich at uruk.org) wrote:
>
> > Just noticed the new 0.9.15 release, got it building on Gentoo, and then
> > found that the non-dbus build's ALSA modules appear to be broken:
> > Is this something that can stubbed out (relatively) safely?
>
> Hmm, yes. As it seems I broke the build for non-dbus builds. Should be
> easy to fix. Best way is probably to make the reserver wrapper mostly
> a noop if D-Bus is not available.
>
> Please understand that I don't really focus on making every weird
> combination of build deps work. So I won't fix this for you. But I am
> happy to merge good patches!

No problem, I was mainly looking for a hint that to your knowledge there
should be no wierd side-effects from stubbing out the reserve and dbus
functions inside reserve_wrapper.  Thanks for said hint.  ;-)

Attached is a patch to include "reserve_wrapper.[ch]" in the non-dbus
builds, and do said stubbing when HAVE_DBUS is not defined.  It has
passed moderate testing:  built both versions, both pass
"pulseaudio --dump-modules" with no weird messages, and the
"--disable-dbus" build works and produces audio as expected in some
simple tests including RTP.

--
    Erich Stefan Boleyn     <erich at uruk.org>     http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"