[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Bluetooth

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Apr 19 17:35:22 PDT 2009

On Sun, 19.04.09 20:20, Brian J. Murrell (brian at interlinx.bc.ca) wrote:

Heya,

> > You can use pavucontrol's 'configuration'
> > tab to switch between hsp/hfp and a2dp.
>
> Ahhhhh.  So is any of this posting relevant for "SCO" headsets?

SCO is the underlying protocol for both HFP and HSP. Referring to SCO
and HSP/HFP in the context of Bluetooth audio is synonymous.

> How does any of this work with what's at
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices or should everything at
> that page be ignored when trying to use headsets with PA?

Yes.

Just install all the packages I mentioned and activate the headset via
gnome-bluetooth. That's it. No manual config file editing. Just plain
simple UI clicking. Yay!