[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Bluetooth

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Mon Apr 20 04:04:13 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 09:26:31PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> If all of this is installed then all that is needed is pairing the
> headset/headphones and activating it via the Bluetooth applet. PA will then pick
> up the device automatically. You can use pavucontrol's 'configuration'
> tab to switch between hsp/hfp and a2dp.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The pavucontrol a2dp option was the final detail to get my headset
working out-of-the-box.  It doesn’t work with pulseaudio with hsp/hfp
(the device powers off after a couple seconds), but I really don’t want
that anyway. Now that I‘ve set it to a2dp (in that split second before
poweroff) I finally have working bluetooth audio with no dirty
configuration hacks.

Thanks!

-CJ