[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Jack module, dies sometimes on mpc toggle

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 29 17:40:16 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 30/04/09 08:27 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi Lennart, yes it is a segfault. I can reproduce it regularly here on
> my laptop, will try in my office desktop when I get to work in a couple
> of hours time. Basically I start up pulseaudio (just with pulseaudio
> -vvvvv > pulselog.txt 2>&1), then my script uses pactl list to get a
> list of modules (checking whether alsa is loaded, in this case it isn't
> since its commented out from my default.pa), then starts up the Jack
> server with jackd and calls pactl load-module on both
> module-jack-sink/source. After that, I run paplay
> /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Rear_Center.wav, and pulse dies AFTER playing the
> sound. I include with this email my gdb stack trace, at the end of which
> I'm left in gdb and quit using q, not sure what the *etc, etc* in the
> wiki means.

You'll need to install the debugging symbols for your pulse build. If
you build from source, simply don't strip the files (should be default)
of if you use a distro package they (typically) provide a way to install
these as separate "debug" packages.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]