[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Jack module, dies sometimes on mpc toggle

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:49:39 PDT 2009

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Ng Oon-Ee at 30/04/09 08:27 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hi Lennart, yes it is a segfault. I can reproduce it regularly here
>> on my laptop, will try in my office desktop when I get to work in a
>> couple of hours time. Basically I start up pulseaudio (just with
>> pulseaudio -vvvvv > pulselog.txt 2>&1), then my script uses pactl
>> list to get a list of modules (checking whether alsa is loaded, in
>> this case it isn't since its commented out from my default.pa), then
>> starts up the Jack server with jackd and calls pactl load-module on
>> both module-jack-sink/source. After that, I run paplay
>> /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Rear_Center.wav, and pulse dies AFTER playing
>> the sound. I include with this email my gdb stack trace, at the end
>> of which I'm left in gdb and quit using q, not sure what the *etc,
>> etc* in the wiki means.
>
> You'll need to install the debugging symbols for your pulse build. If
> you build from source, simply don't strip the files (should be
> default) of if you use a distro package they (typically) provide a way
> to install these as separate "debug" packages.
>
> Col

Okay, I should have thought of that myself, sorry. Will redo it later,
for now I've reached the office and have a log of a working
configuration, where the same behaviour does NOT trigger a segfault. I'm
including two files, pulselog.txt and pulselog2.txt. Both were obtained
using `pulseaudio -vvvvv > pulselog.txt 2>&1`, followed by loading of
module-jack-source/sink and paplay of a sound file. In the case of
pulselog2.txt (the working configuration, run on my office desktop), I
have done paplay twice, then multiple `mpc toggle` calls, something
which also triggers segfault on my laptop.

Will revert when I have proper gdb stacktrace.