[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.15 bluetooth profiles question

Johan Hedberg johan.hedberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 06:37:56 PDT 2009

Hi Jon,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009, Jon Escombe wrote:
> Fedora doesn't seem to ship an audio.conf, so a grabbed one from the
> bluez tarball and enabled HFP. As soon as I did this the connection
> worked perfectly. :)

That's good to hear :)

> However, and this seems a bit weird, I thought I'd then revert to HSP
> and grab some failure logs. But ever since this first successful
> connection, I'm unable to reproduce the failure, no matter whether HFP
> is enabled or not! Is there any persistent config for that connection
> that I should be clearing out?

Not really. On the bluez side there's just audio.conf (though you need to
restart bluetoothd for the changes to take effect). I suspect the headset
was just in some weird state since you hadn't connected HFP previously to
it. You might be able to get back the old behavior by reseting the headset
somehow or repairing with your PC. Anyway, this just goes to show that we
should probably have HFP the default upstream since it seems to be more
reliable.

Johan