[pulseaudio-discuss] Listening music remotely

Girish Hilage girish_hilage at persistent.co.in
Sat Aug 1 06:04:34 PDT 2009

Hi,

   I want to be able to listen the songs that are being played on a
Fedora-8 Machine from the Windows machine.
   I already have pulseaudio-0.9.8-5.fc8 installed on my FC8 machine.
   I followed the instructions mentioned in the question (How can use my
Windows box to play the sound from my Linux box?) in the FAQ section of
pulseaudio.org and downloaded the binary for Windows from the site.
   I unzipped the .gz file on Windows "desktop" and it created a
"pulseaudio" directory.
   As mentioned in the instructions in the FAQ, I created a file
default.pa.

   Now, the problem I have is :
   1. In my pulseaudio applet on FC8 I do not see any option
      (PA applet -> Default Server -> Other) as mentioned in the FAQ.
   and
   2. there are many .exe files in the "pulseaudio" directory on
Windows. Which one of them do I need to run in order to be able to
connect the server running on FC8 machine.

   Can anybody please let me know in detail which steps I need to carry
out to hear a song on Windows machine that is running on FC8 machine?

Regards,
Girish

DISCLAIMER