[pulseaudio-discuss] installing header files

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Aug 9 07:31:48 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Patrick Shirkey at 09/08/09 15:23 did gyre and gimble:
> I would also like to note that jack has support for running 32 bit apps
> natively on the 64 bit compile.

Can you explain this more please? Unless you totally bypass the jack
library and literally "talk the jack protocol" in your app, I cannot see
how this is possible. You'd surely have to reimplement the jack client
protocol in each which seems highly inefficient and error prone.

I suspect that the 32 bit libjack just happens to be installed. This is
exactly the same with pulse.

I don't know how you managed to get in such a position but I mess around
with 64 and 32 bit combos all the time and it's really not any hassle
with pulse.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]