[pulseaudio-discuss] mythtv uses oss

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Sat Aug 22 11:21:42 PDT 2009

Dnia 2009-08-22, sob o godzinie 18:26 +0200, Lennart Poettering pisze:
> I don't see why mythtv should want to disable PA. If they stcik to the
> "safe ALSA subset" it should run fine on top of PA.

According to some 'user reports' people have had problems with lipsync
when using MythTV with Pulse... Their... ekhm... "solution" was to check
if PA is running and suspend it...

What's worse, in the upcoming 0.22 MythTV version, they've decided to
enforce that behavior and as far as I know Myth won't run if it's unable
to suspend PA...

No further comment...

--
Michał Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>