[pulseaudio-discuss] Media Keys on Bluetooth headsets?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:08:28 PST 2009

Hi, I've been using my Jabra Halo stereo (A2DP) headset with pulse and
gnome-bluetooth for several months now, works great.

A question though, does pulseaudio or gnome-bluetooth (not sure who'd be
responsible for this) support the media keys (next track, previous
track) on my headset, or on any bluetooth headset? I'd assume these keys
are standard across headsets, since they all work on the same devices
(bluetooth mp3 or cellphones etc.)

So, is there any specific setup I need to do to get them working? The
only reference I could find when trawling the web is
http://noraisin.net/~jan/diary/index.php?s=pulseaudio&submit=Search who
says it 'just worked'...