[pulseaudio-discuss] Distribution kernels and glitch-free (Packagers, read this!)

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 23 00:07:43 PST 2009

Le 23/02/2009 03:05, Lennart Poettering a écrit :
> Not sure about
> Gentoo (they'll probably use -funroll-loops instead because it makes
> things faster or so ;-))

Actually, we don't really recommend anything in that area (users build
their own kernel, if it breaks, it's their own damn fault). So having a
list somewhere on the wiki would probably be a good start - for all
users, not just Gentoo users.

Now, as a side question : what about NO_HZ kernels? I was under the
impression that this was better than setting a 300 or 1000 HZ kernel.
What's your stance on this?

Cheers,

Rémi