[pulseaudio-discuss] Few questions about pulseaudio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jan 30 04:48:23 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Maxim Levitsky at 30/01/09 11:33 did gyre and gimble:
> Networking supports seems to be very basic (at least with padevchooser)

padevchooser is dead. Don't use it.

Using an avahi-enabled network and the preferences in paprefs are all
you need to make things work nicely (provided you disable all auth).

> I could only connect to remote server and use it, but what if I want to
> record from remote server, and play localy?

So record the mic input of a remote server? You can do that, but it's
not a common use case.

> Also list of network servers doesn't seem to update often, and the
> program crashes a lot.

Like I say padevchooser is rubbish and dead. It's no longer being
developed. It has numerous design flaws. Using the *-discover modules in
the pulse server which loads the tunnel-* modules automatically means
the remove devices appear just like local ones in pavucontrol. This is
the way forward.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]