[pulseaudio-discuss] PA now compiles on OS X

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jul 31 07:55:07 PDT 2009

On Sat, 01.08.09 00:34, Kim Lester (kim at dfusion.com.au) wrote:

> All,
> Sorry been distracted.
>
> * I enclose the git patches (they are a small attachment and I didn't
> want to set up a git repository just yet.)

Please, next time attach them uncompressed and inline, makes it easier
to comment on.

Also, could you please split those patches into logical units?
i.e. one patch that adds the clock_xxxx stuff, and another one that
adds the semaphore stuff?

Also, you'd do me a great favour if you could follow the rules pointed
out here:

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/CodingStyle

(/me doesn't like // comments, they are so C++ish...)

> * There is a README.OSX file that should cover everything you need to
> know about what I did and the changes I made.
> 	Maybe someone can add them to the wiki (I'm not game just yet to go
> charging in and editing things that might only work for me :-) ).

I think most of this should be documented in the commit msgs or even
in comments, or in the wiki.

> * Calls to clock_*  have been replaced with pa_clock_* wrapper except
> for the one file alsa-time-test.c  where there didn't seem any point
> !?

Sounds good. pa_clock_settime() should be dropped though, since we
don't need that, do we?

Hmm, any chance bootstrap_osx.sh could be merged with bootstrap.sh?

Regarding the dump modules issue: why does every lib exists twice,
once preloaded and once not preloaded? That's weird. Does the problem
go away if you disable preloading?

Otherwise looks good.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net