[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting pulseaudio-discuss into pulseaudio-devel and pulseaudio-users

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri May 8 01:55:00 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 07/05/09 23:04 did gyre and gimble:
> If I get enough requests to split the ML then I'll do the necessary
> work. If not we'll defer this discussion until the next one asks for
> the split.

Personally I'd vote no to a split.

I tend not to interest myself in user lists on projects I get involved
with if I can avoid it as the S:N is pretty high and I've got enough
things to busy myself with anyway. That said if there is a list I read
that has a mix of user and dev stuff, then I will generally reply to and
help out with the user side of things. So in short, *I'll* be more
likely to offer support if the list is in one place.

I'm not sure that the traffic levels are yet at the stage to justify
this move anyway. I'd hope that most users initially use their distro
channels for pulse support anyway as the way it integrates into distros
does vary slightly and many of the "pulse" problems are really client
application integration which is far better handled at the distro level.

I think it best to wait six months or so and review the situation again
to see if the traffic has changed significantly.

That's my €0.02.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]