[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting pulseaudio-discuss into pulseaudio-devel and pulseaudio-users

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri May 8 02:29:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> Heya!
>
> It has been suggested that I split up the current PA mailing list into
> two seperate ones, for users and for developers.
>
> Now, since I'll probably have to stay subscribed to both anyway the
> benefit for myself would be zero. OTOH it means a bit of sysadmin work
> for me which I'd be happy not to have to do.
>
> So, it all depends on you: if you are a user and are annoyed by all
> this noisy stupid developer gibberish on this ML then make yourself
> heard! If you are developer and are annoyed by all those noisy stupid
> asking questions by users, make yourself heard too!
>
> If I get enough requests to split the ML then I'll do the necessary
> work. If not we'll defer this discussion until the next one asks for
> the split.

I vote for non-split.

In the mailing lists I'm subscribed to, I see 2 tendencies: multiple
mailing lists (bugs, user, devel, commits) or one mailing lists with
everything (except commits) including patches. Personally I prefer the
latter.

--
Felipe Contreras