[pulseaudio-discuss] Automatically change 'Default device'?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:57:51 PST 2010

I think I'm missing something important in the config/man files, but is
it possible to basically say "when a new device/card is loaded, make it
default"?

So, for example, I have music playing through my internal sound card. I
turn on my BT headset, some streams will move there (because I
previously sent them there) but others will not (because I haven't, or
perhaps because event sounds currently can't be moved, yet).

If its possible to say "when a new sink is loaded, make it default",
everything would move there, unless its been specifically assigned. This
would also help in module-jack-sink/source, because currently everything
which is currently playing is corked on the internal sound card because
JACK has taken control of it.

Of course, I know this cannot be the default. Just wondering if there's
an option for it, or perhaps somewhere I can dump user-scripts to
accomplish this (by running on detecting certain events), udev perhaps?