[pulseaudio-discuss] My default sound devices are not retained after suspend or reboot

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 11 01:33:17 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Sebastien PIMENTA at 11/02/10 09:12 did gyre and gimble:
> Can you tell me where is the log file of the debug mode ?
> I've edited /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and uncommented log-level=debug but I
> can't find the log file :S

It's logged to syslog by default.

> Lennart : concerning the card indexes, I'm not sure how to use the
> control device name, like you said.
> One of my problem is that I use darkice for recording and broadcasting
> and its conf file is set up to record hw(1,0). If I don't edit
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf to fix the sound card order, darkice will
> record the wrong audio card after a reboot or suspend, because the card
> order changes.

If you are using PA you should tell all alsa applications to use
"default" this will then record from "pulseaudio" and you are free to
use e.g. pavucontrol to move the recording stream to the device you
want. PA will remember this choice for you and always use it after you
set it the first time.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]