[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtual source (microphone)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 18 05:04:59 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Grzegorz Kryza at 18/01/10 12:29 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to add a virtual source device.
> Virtual microphone available in all pulse enabled applications as a
> sound source. Voice data for this source should be provided by a third
> party application over a socket, pipe or any other inter process
> communication method.
>
> This can be done using 'module-pipe-source' but it was recently removed
> from Fedora packages so I'm looking for alternative.

If you need this functionality, I suggest you just rebuild the fedora
package and include the pipe stuff.

Personally I don't really see the point in excluding the pipe modules
from a package.. They may not be overly useful to most users but by the
same token they are 40k in size and it seems fairly harmless to include
them for the few users that can make use of them. I guess there could be
security concerns?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]