[pulseaudio-discuss] (no subject)

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 2 13:55:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

Are there any steps to debug enabling tsched for alsa playback?  I am
noticing that if I enable tsched, then occasionally the audio playback
sounds like it is stuttering, like there are discontinuities in the samples
and it is playing the wrong buffer in time.
As soon as I disable tsched, the problem is no longer there.

I'm pretty sure this is a alsa driver problem, but is there a way be certain
that this is so?
I did a recording of the output monitor stream and that looks fine.  I could
also try writing out the data to a file write before it is written to the
alsa buffer.

Thanks!

--
-baeksanchang