[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 23:27:11 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 12:41 +0530, ABDUL MOIZ wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
>          I have solved this issue. the problem was rate. I have set
> rate=8000 in gst-pipeline.
>
> But I am facing this problem.
> When I unload the module-suspend-on-idle able to load echo module. and
> then again load module-suspend-on-idle.

As I said before, the two modules are essentially unrelated. If you're
facing problems, please post logs.

> I have tried gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc device=hw:0,0 ! pulsesink
> device=plughw:0,7 but not able execute.

What do you mean by "not able to execute"?

> Does PA echo-cancel module support for USB mic?

module-echo-cancel is currently limited to running on a sink and source
on the same device (that is, driven by the same clock). It cannot
handle, say, echo cancellation between a USB mic source and internal
audio sink since these will be driven by different clocks and will thus
very likely have constant drift.

-- Arun