[pulseaudio-discuss] Porting pulseaudio to Android

Vikram Gupta vikram.exe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:04:20 PDT 2011

Thanks Colin for the quick reply.

After referring to your instructions from
HERE<http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/compiling-and-running-pulseaudio-from-git/>(Thanks
for the nice explanation :) ), and giving the below mentioned args
to configure, I have compiled the source code and its working fine with the
compiled "paplay".

*../configure --prefix=$(pwd) --disable-x11 --disable-samplerate
--disable-oss-output --disable-oss-wrapper --disable-coreaudio-output
--disable-solaris --disable-jack --disable-openssl --disable-nls
--disable-waveout --disable-glib2 --disable-gtk2 --disable-gconf
--disable-avahi --disable-asyncns --disable-tcpwrap --disable-lirc
--disable-hal --disable-udev --disable-bluez --disable-dbus
--disable-hal-compat --disable-ipv6 --disable-manpages
--disable-default-build-tests

export PULSE_SERVER=<ip>
*
however, when I am playing some thing using default "aplay", the sound is
played locally and not on the remote machine. I think that should be because
of some configuration issue and I am looking in to it.
My question is, do we have some doc which can give a list of files that are
essential for pulse audio to work (without any optional components), which I
can directly use in my Android Makefile or will I have to look for the
compilation logs to figure that out?

Thanks,
Vikram