[pulseaudio-discuss] ARMv7 (MMX/SSE neon)

Anders Gnistrup agn at datarespons.dk
Sun Jun 19 23:59:01 PDT 2011

Hi

I am searching for some information if the pulse audio dmix part make use of hardware optimization on a ARMv7. The cat /proc/cpuinfo says:
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 7 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 597.64
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x1
CPU part	: 0xc08
CPU revision	: 7

What is of interest is the "neon" in Features.
This "neon" is similar to SSE/MMX and should handle most of the mixing and other stuff.
But, I have also found some patches/mails mentioning problems on ARM.
So the question is:

Does pulse audio use optimized code for handling mixing on a ARM processor having the neon feature? My best gees is that it does.
The version of pulseaudio, where this should work is most welcome.

Or, is there something I have missed?

/AG