[pulseaudio-discuss] Alternate sample rates

Wang Xingchao wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:38:55 PDT 2011

2011/10/18 Arun Raghavan <arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk>:
> Hello,
> I just pushed a bunch of patches by Pierre Louis-Bossart to introduce an
> on-by-default alternate-sample-rate to configuration in addition to
> default-sample-rate. This was discussed earlier this year on list[1].
> There's some more information on my blog[2].

Very Cool feature!  Why not change sample_spec totally according to
sink's availability, but only sample rate? The default sample_spec
used at initialization, if alsa driver supports various formats/rates,
 PA could change sink's sample_spec in order to fit sink-input's
request. Is there any risk or my misunderstanding ?

--xingchao