[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Per-client flat-volumes control

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Aug 6 06:42:23 PDT 2014

Le 2014-08-06 16:10, Tanu Kaskinen a écrit :
> The answer to your question: no, the normal stream volume and the
> relative volume are very tightly tied together (and when flat volumes
> are not in use, they're exactly the same thing). You can't change one
> without affecting the other, and both are expected to be
> user-controlled.

Then I don't really see how and why the PulseAudio daemon would have to
care about that new volume.

The browser can simply divide/multiply the stream volume by its
source/sink volume if the flat volume flag is on. You might or might not
want to provide libpulse-level helpers for it, but that's pretty much
it, AFAICT.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont