[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help with audio gain on an Intel HDA equipt ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 14 21:17:59 PST 2014

Running an older ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS 32 bit build because a specially
patched rtai kernel is mandatory for one app.  However, I am booted to a
32bit 3.12.6 build ATM.

The Audigy2 Value (SBO-400) card, and my amps/3way speaker all went south
for the winter in a space of about 3 weeks, so I bought another amplified
3way kit and switched the audio back to the intel HDA facilities on this
motherboard.

Is there anyplace where I might find another 20 db of gain?  Its so quiet,
even a youtube video would never get me accused of disturbing the peace.

Thanks for any hints.

Cheers, Gene