[pulseaudio-discuss] hard channel mapping issue

Dennis Heuer einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de
Mon Feb 8 14:00:01 CET 2016

Hello,

I'm a bit stuck. On my system (chip AD1888 in a VIA 8237R) everything
seems to be detected fine, but I only get front-right and front-left
instead of 5.1. I configured "daemon.conf" to use a correct default
mapping and later also "default.pa" to create a new sink with right
mapping. However, even though all gui tools, and even 'pacmd list', show
it all right, 'pactl stat' shows wrong device mappings in use:

Server Name: pulseaudio
Server Version: 4.0
Default Sample Specification: s16le 6ch 44100Hz
Default Channel Map: front-left,front-left-of-center,front-center,
                     front-right,front-right-of-center,rear-center
Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-surround-51
Default Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-surround-51.monitor

When I use an own defined sink, this sticks to the HDMI-source and
stereo, no matter what device I specify, i.e.:

load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=my_surround device=hw:1,0 \
channels=6 \
channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe

How can I get in sync the default and the chosen default setting?

Dennis Heuer
einz at verschwendbare-verweise.seinswende.de