Differences to XFree86

Jim Gettys release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:21:15 -0500

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 07:18, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found the following differences that remain to XFree86:
>
> 1. XFree86 contains the documentation of the test suite.
>    Do we want this, too?

Seems silly to have the docs unless the test suite is present.

> 2. xrx is deprecated on Xorg and doesn't get built.
>    Does anybody still care for it?

There may be people who use it.  As it is a browser plug-in, it
isn't something we should install by default, so I think shipping
it as XF86 has, but not installing it is in fact correct.

> 3. New locales have been added.
>    a. Where are they from?

No clue: but Linux is being internationalized  greatly, so
it is no surprise in principle.  Any clues from copyright notices?

>    b. Should we keep them for the rlease?

Possibly/probably.  Do we have any I18N experts to take a look
at them?