Differences to XFree86

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:55:35 -0500

> 2. xrx is deprecated on Xorg and doesn't get built.
>    Does anybody still care for it?

It needs to be updated for the current plug-in SDK, if there is one. The
old plug-in SDK has suffered from bit rot.

> 3. New locales have been added.
>    a. Where are they from?

SUSE Linux 9, among other places. (It's in the commit log for
locale.alias 1.1.4.4.)

N.B. for jg: These are not new "locales", they're locale.dir and
locale.alias entries to let Xlib work with the locales that come with
the OS.

>    b. Should we keep them for the rlease?

I'd say yes.