Release Wranglers Call - 5th March 2003

Alan Coopersmith release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Fri Mar 5 18:11:32 PST 2004

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> And to the extent we need freetype---  There are lots of systems, e.g.
> Solaris, AIX, FreeBSD, etc., that don't have expat on them.

Solaris versions that include fontconfig have a private version of expat
libraries for fontconfig to link against, but don't include expat headers
for compiling new programs at this time.  If what is really needed is
fontconfig and nothing else needs expat, we should have enough.
Unfortunately,  there's no good way I know of to express in imake configurations
which versions those are, since it's not just keying off the OS version from
uname, which is how the current imake configurations work.

I've thought about possibly creating a small autoconf script that checks
for libraries such as this and only generates an "autoconf.def" file in
the imake configurations that defines HasFreeType & similar macros.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-          alan.coopersmith@sun.com
	 Sun Microsystems, Inc. -- Operating Platforms Group