tinderbox information.

Jim Gettys release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 18:56:26 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:17, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Also would it be possible to run the build in an lndir-ed tree
> to avoid cvs from complaining about files that it doesn't know
> about? It would keep the logs much shorter.

Almost anything is possible; it is just a perl script (ugh).

This instant, getting Bonsai running would be more useful.
I did add it to the todo list in the wiki (though maybe I
should add the suggestion to the bugzilla instead: I created
bugzilla components yesterday for tinderbox).
                              - Jim

> Egbert.
>

> Egbert Eich writes:
>  >
>  > I'm still trying to understand the build that takes place in
>  > tinderbox. It looks like it checks out pieces of the tree
>  > and does a 'make -k'.
>  > This has two disadvantages:
>  > 1. It doesn't stop on the problem, therefore the area
>  >    where the problem happened is not easy to spot.
>  > 2. The Makefiles don't get rebuild. If something was
>  >    changed within an Imakefile or config file it will
>  >    not show up in the logs.
>  >

Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys@hp.com>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory