tinderbox information.

Jim Gettys release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Tue Mar 9 19:28:19 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 14:44, Egbert Eich wrote:
> John Dennis writes:
>  > On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 13:06, Egbert Eich wrote:
>  >
>  > The idea is that ALL errors should be logged, this makes it easier to
>  > fix everything at once. Otherwise you would have to fix the first
>  > problem, checkin, rebuild, and repeat the cycle. I'm not sure why you
>  > say the area where the problem happened is not easy to spot.
>
> Maybe I'm too stupid to do so. I've looked thru
> numerous logs without spotting any build error.
> Can you educate me?

search for "***".

>  >
>  > > 2. The Makefiles don't get rebuild. If something was
>  > >    changed within an Imakefile or config file it will
>  > >    not show up in the logs.
>  >
>  > It will on a "clobber build", perhaps it should clobber more often. Or
>  > perhaps on a non-clobber it should start out with a
>  >
>  > make Makefile
>  > make Makefiles
>  > make depdend
>  > make include
> It should clobber every time. At least now.
> And it should be done if a previous build broke.

Ok, for the moment I'll set clobber to 1.

The cycle time will then be several hours, however, since
the monolithic stuff takes so long to build.

Robin Cutshaw said he'd look into seeing if he can get
-j builds running; that would cut things down a bit.
                    - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys@hp.com>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory